Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

BananaRama




Yeah so, today I was on a BANANA kick...

I made banana nut muffins


Just doctored up a Martha White mix bag with fresh 'nanners and coloring {b/c my lil man will not eat a tan muffin- haha}.

Then I made some Platanos Maduros... Cuban style fried sweet plantains. 



You have to let your plantains ripen to a nice black- the darker the more sweet... if not they will be starchy and unsweet like a potato. Slice at an angle, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch each. Heat up canola oil and fry until carmalized- turning over. Set them on a paper towel to absorb the oil. Eat as is- no need for sugar they are sweet enough!

And then I also made banana pudding! :D



Just the basic recipe, you can find on any box- only I used 1 3/4 cup of milk per box - used 2 boxes banana pudding, and then I mixed 8 oz cool whip with it... Layered, topped with crumbs my lil man smashed for me {*STEPHEN SMASH!* said in the Hulk's voice}.

So yeah, I'd say we are on a banana kick today!

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday!




Party With:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You've got lots of great ideas. My favorite is the fried plantains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jamie! Yes- they were my fav and they always go fast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love comments {seeing I can be quite the chatterbox when I come out of my shell}...