Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Smores No-Bake Cake Balls


If you're like me, SUMMER is for swimming, grilling, and sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows. But, if you're like me, you don't always have the luxury of a clear night to go to the lake with your family... So not wanting to miss out, we decided to have a few mock camp outs in the living room. 

The other night we made SMORES {using those cute square marshmallows}, electric candle light {safe for the lil man}, and marshmallow sticks... Marshmallow sticks? Yes- just alternated the square marshmallows with mini assorted flavored ones and stuck them on lollipop sticks for the kids to "roast". They looked cute on their picnic blanket {one of their dad's old Army blankets}, pretending to roast 'shmallows.



I was looking forward to making these. I looked around but found nothing that was no-bake for making SMORES BALLS and I even checked the two best *cake ballers* around {unless I was blinded from them by their other awesome goodness}.  But yeah,the only ones I found were using cake instead of graham crackers {which does not make it have a real Smores quality, at least in my opinion}... they are still good I am sure- but I wanted graham crackers!!! 

So I decided to do these just like I did with my Oreo No-Bake Cake Balls {see the link for the recipe}. Substitute GRAHAM CRACKERS for the Oreos {crushed} and mold your ball around a mini marshmallow. After you let it chill, dip it in your bark and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. 



SO YUMMY and super cute! {oh and no messy chocolate goo on my carpet- ha}





Party At:

4 comments:

  1. What is the amount of graham crackers that equal the oreo's you are replacing in the recipe? Thanks for the great idea, can't wait to try them! Moonpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used 1/2 box of graham crackers and added more as needed (not too many b/c the grahams have no filling like the Oreos, so they were dryer). You want it pliable to work with, at least, and then as moist as you'd like- will depend on adding more frosting, or dryer- more grahams. But start with half a box. And start with 1/4 frosting and go from there. Sorry- I have no real measurements for these. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I love comments {seeing I can be quite the chatterbox when I come out of my shell}...