Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Carribbean Rice and Shrimp

We have never celebrated MARDI GRAS {I honestly don't even know what it is about} but seeing as it is today, I thought I'd post a SPICY recipe I have cooked up. While it's not a traditional Mardi Gras meal {because I have no idea what one is}, it does have a kick to it that will make your TASTE BUDS jump for joy! Best part- it is super EASY and YUMMY!

sorry about the blurry pic--- I cannot believe I didn't get a better shot, lol

 CARIBBEAN RICE AND SHRIMP
prep/total time: 25 minutes

serves: 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg (8 ounces) Caribbean rice mix
    {can be substituded, I sustituded mine for a dirty rice mix- guess that goes in theme then}
  • 6 cups water
  • 1/2 lb fresh asparagus (trimmed & cut into 1" pieces)
  • 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
    {you can add or substitue chicken too}
  • 1 medium tomato (chopped)
Directions:

1. Prepare the rice mix according to the directions on the package (without adding the chicken it calls for- unless you are using chicken in the recipe)
2. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus' cover & cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir the shrimp into the saucepan of asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes (until the shrimp turns pink). Drain.
4. Stir asparagus, shrimp, and tomatoes into the rice mix.

{Enjoy!}

Now to go and WHIP UP something festive for DESSERT...



I am LINKED up with the following... {you should check it out}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I love comments {seeing I can be quite the chatterbox when I come out of my shell}...